Latin encode error while converting from epub to htmlz

Bug #1499514 reported by Klack on 2015-09-24
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
calibre
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Using Calibre version 2.38 in Linux Mint

This occurs in all of the epubs I tried when I tried to convert it from epub to htmlz. I tried changing the input character encoding to UTF-8. Even then the same issue is occuring.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site.py", line 63, in main
  File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/worker.py", line 193, in main
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/gui_conversion.py", line 31, in gui_convert_override
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/gui_conversion.py", line 25, in gui_convert
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/conversion/plumber.py", line 1198, in run
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/conversion/plugins/htmlz_output.py", line 73, in convert
UnicodeEncodeError: 'latin-1' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 620: ordinal not in range(256)

This is the error which I got. If you want I can attach the input epub file

Fixed in branch master. The fix will be in the next release. calibre is usually released every Friday.

 status fixreleased

Changed in calibre:
status: New → Fix Released
Klack (klackerz) wrote :

Thanks for the fix. It's working Apparently the same error also occurs while converting from epub to zip format.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site.py", line 63, in main
  File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/worker.py", line 193, in main
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/gui_conversion.py", line 31, in gui_convert_override
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/gui_conversion.py", line 25, in gui_convert
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/conversion/plumber.py", line 1198, in run
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/conversion/plugins/html_output.py", line 129, in convert
  File "site-packages/templite/__init__.py", line 81, in render
  File "<templite u'<!DOCTYPE html PUBLI'>", line 21, in <module>
  File "site-packages/templite/__init__.py", line 87, in write
UnicodeEncodeError: 'latin-1' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 176: ordinal not in range(256)

Here's the debug.

Klack (klackerz) on 2015-09-25
Changed in calibre:
status: Fix Released → Confirmed
status: Confirmed → Fix Released

next release

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers