[Enhancement] configure metadata import when importing pdf file in calibre
In 2.23 on win7 64 bits, when importing a pdf in calibre, some common metadata in pdf file can be read by calibre to be imported in calibre metadata.
for example : title, author and tag are imported. Also subject metadata is put in comment.
By testing I saw that :
- first line of subject is put in calibre tag (pdf subject can set in many lines using some pdf editor)
- full subject (including others lines) are put in calibre comment
- tag must be separated by comma.
But maybe this import feature is described somewhere ?
Something great would be for example
- to configure the "separator" used between tags because some pdf editor don't support comma and want ";"
- to be able to disable de first line import in subject for tags
- to be able to customize which calibre metadata is written using which pdf metadata :
ie : published date is first line of subject
isbn is second line of subject
others lines of subject are comment
I would be happy to help if I was showed where this is done in code...
|iostrym (armandooooo) wrote : Re : [Bug 1440304] Re: [Enhancement] configure metadata import when importing pdf file in calibre||#7|
|iostrym (armandooooo) wrote : RE: [Bug 1440304] Re: [Enhancement] configure metadata import when importing pdf file in calibre||#8|