converting DJVU file containing text fails
The conversion failure has DJVU input (with embedded text) and EPUB output. It is consistently repeatable.
I have repeated the attempt numerous times both on the Mac (10.6.8) and also tried on a linuxmint-12 boot that I have set up under Parallels on the Mac.
So far I have two DJVU files on this system and neither will convert. I am focusing on one of them, for which I have done extensive and careful testing.
Here is why I believe this DJVU file should convert successfully
* The file can be searched for text, e.g. in DjVuLibre desktop reader.
* The friend who sent me the DJVU file was able to convert the file to EPUB with the expected result.
He just sent me the DJVU file again after having just confirmed again that he could convert that very file, sending me the input and the result of the conversion. His first conversion was done with version 1.22 and the one he just re-sent was with 1.25. Most of my attempts were with 1.25 and I just now confirmed again with 1.26.
When he resent the file I confirmed it was binary identical to the file he had sent earlier for which I have the conversion problems.
Testing I did on the Mac was done with calibre settings I had altered a bit. Testing I did on linuxmint was done with default settings, except for my specifying my device as a standard Sony.
The EPUB file resulting from my conversion as viewed from the built-in calibre viewer, contains only the calibre-generated title page followed by a blank page. The EPUB file resulting from my friend's conversion contains the full text.
It seems pretty clear we are both converting from the same source file with some variation in options and host systems, and getting different results. His conversion does look like it is from an unformatted text source, due to the lack of any sensible page structure, etc.
I tried the conversion debug logging option. The several individual resulting index.html files are all empty. I do not know how to view the other formats present. Note that the conversion progress starts at 1% and stays there for several minutes until it suddenly goes to 100%. I did not watch continuously to see if there was an intervening percentage. But generally I am used to seeing only 1%, 67%, and 100% in other types of conversions.
I am attaching the DJVU source, the failed EPUB, the metadata stored by calibre with these files in the library (those 3 comprising the contents of the library folder) and also the successful EPUB (larger file) created by my friend, and a screenshot he made when he did the conversion.