Clipper action failed on other WM than kde gnome xfce

Bug #664089 reported by Guillaume DELVIT on 2010-10-20
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Cairo-Dock Plug-ins
Low
Fabounet

Bug Description

Hi,
When using other Desktop Manager than KDE, Gnome and XFCE, the configuration file name for actions is bugged

example :

for
KDE : plug-ins/Clipper/Clipper-actions-kde.conf
GNOME : plug-ins/Clipper/Clipper-actions-gnome.conf
XFCE : plug-ins/Clipper/Clipper-actions-xfce.conf

OTHER : plug-ins/Clipper/Clipper-actions-(null).conf

Please change by :
OTHER : plug-ins/Clipper/Clipper-actions-other.conf

FIX :

Clipper/src/applet-clipboard.c
 - const gchar *cEnvName[4] = {NULL, "gnome", "kde", "xfce"};
+ const gchar *cEnvName[4] = {"other", "gnome", "kde", "xfce"};

Thanks.

An Openbox user:
Guillaume DELVIT

Related branches

thanks for noticing this !
I'll apply your patch immediately.

2010/10/20 <email address hidden> <email address hidden>

> Public bug reported:
>
> Hi,
> When using other Desktop Manager than KDE, Gnome and XFCE, the
> configuration file name for actions is bugged
>
> example :
>
> for
> KDE : plug-ins/Clipper/Clipper-actions-kde.conf
> GNOME : plug-ins/Clipper/Clipper-actions-gnome.conf
> XFCE : plug-ins/Clipper/Clipper-actions-xfce.conf
>
> OTHER : plug-ins/Clipper/Clipper-actions-(null).conf
>
> Please change by :
> OTHER : plug-ins/Clipper/Clipper-actions-other.conf
>
> FIX :
>
> Clipper/src/applet-clipboard.c
> - const gchar *cEnvName[4] = {NULL, "gnome", "kde", "xfce"};
> + const gchar *cEnvName[4] = {"other", "gnome", "kde", "xfce"};
>
> Thanks.
>
> An Openbox user:
> Guillaume DELVIT
>
> ** Affects: cairo-dock-plug-ins
> Importance: Undecided
> Status: New
>
> --
> Clipper action failed on other WM than kde gnome xfce
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/664089
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Cairo-
> Dock Team, which is subscribed to Cairo-Dock Plug-ins.
>
> Status in Cairo-Dock : Plug-ins: New
>
> Bug description:
> Hi,
> When using other Desktop Manager than KDE, Gnome and XFCE, the
> configuration file name for actions is bugged
>
> example :
>
> for
> KDE : plug-ins/Clipper/Clipper-actions-kde.conf
> GNOME : plug-ins/Clipper/Clipper-actions-gnome.conf
> XFCE : plug-ins/Clipper/Clipper-actions-xfce.conf
>
> OTHER : plug-ins/Clipper/Clipper-actions-(null).conf
>
> Please change by :
> OTHER : plug-ins/Clipper/Clipper-actions-other.conf
>
> FIX :
>
> Clipper/src/applet-clipboard.c
> - const gchar *cEnvName[4] = {NULL, "gnome", "kde", "xfce"};
> + const gchar *cEnvName[4] = {"other", "gnome", "kde", "xfce"};
>
> Thanks.
>
> An Openbox user:
> Guillaume DELVIT
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team<https://launchpad.net/%7Ecairo-dock-team>
> Post to : <email address hidden>
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team<https://launchpad.net/%7Ecairo-dock-team>
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>

Fabounet (fabounet03) wrote :

forgot to mention that the patch has been included since then, thanks again!

Changed in cairo-dock-plug-ins:
assignee: nobody → Fabounet (fabounet03)
importance: Undecided → Low
status: New → Fix Committed
Changed in cairo-dock-plug-ins:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers