mail plugin crashes on Maildir

Bug #521531 reported by Ildar on 2010-02-13
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Cairo-Dock Plug-ins
Undecided
Tofe
cairo-dock-plug-ins (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Adding a maildir with some new messages in it crashes the whole Cairo-Dock. Stderr shows:
...
recuperons les comptes ...
+ on recupere le compte 'Inbox'
  mail type : 4
cd_mail_init_accounts (1 comptes)
mail : 145/2/26
getting 26 message body...
warning : (cairo-dock.c:_cairo_dock_intercept_signal:196)
  Cairo-Dock has crashed (sig 11).
It will be restarted now (cairo-dock -m).

My version is cairo-dock-mail-2.1.3-alt1

Related branches

Ok, I'll try to look into it. Also, do you mean it doesn't crash if
there is no new messages ?

Here "mail : 145/2/26" means "145 messages, 2 recent and 26 unseen".
Do you agree it is correct in your case ?

Thanks for the report!
Tofe

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 12:14 AM, Ildar <email address hidden> wrote:
> Public bug reported:
>
> Adding a maildir with some new messages in it crashes the whole Cairo-Dock. Stderr shows:
> ...
> recuperons les comptes ...
> + on recupere le compte 'Inbox'
>  mail type : 4
> cd_mail_init_accounts (1 comptes)
> mail : 145/2/26
> getting 26 message body...
> warning :  (cairo-dock.c:_cairo_dock_intercept_signal:196)
>  Cairo-Dock has crashed (sig 11).
> It will be restarted now (cairo-dock -m).
>
> My version is cairo-dock-mail-2.1.3-alt1
>
> ** Affects: cairo-dock-plug-ins
>     Importance: Undecided
>         Status: New
>
> --
> mail plugin crashes on Maildir
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/521531
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Cairo-
> Dock Team, which is the registrant for Cairo-Dock Plug-ins.
>
> Status in Cairo-Dock : Plug-ins: New
>
> Bug description:
> Adding a maildir with some new messages in it crashes the whole Cairo-Dock. Stderr shows:
> ...
> recuperons les comptes ...
> + on recupere le compte 'Inbox'
>  mail type : 4
> cd_mail_init_accounts (1 comptes)
> mail : 145/2/26
> getting 26 message body...
> warning :  (cairo-dock.c:_cairo_dock_intercept_signal:196)
>  Cairo-Dock has crashed (sig 11).
> It will be restarted now (cairo-dock -m).
>
> My version is cairo-dock-mail-2.1.3-alt1
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team
> Post to     : <email address hidden>
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team
> More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>

Tofe (chris-chapuis) wrote :

One more thing: could you please send me the output of the crash when
starting cairo-dock with "cairo-dock -o -l debug" please ?

Tofe

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Christophe Chapuis
<email address hidden> wrote:
> Ok, I'll try to look into it. Also, do you mean it doesn't crash if
> there is no new messages ?
>
> Here "mail : 145/2/26" means "145 messages, 2 recent and 26 unseen".
> Do you agree it is correct in your case ?
>
> Thanks for the report!
> Tofe
>
> On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 12:14 AM, Ildar <email address hidden> wrote:
>> Public bug reported:
>>
>> Adding a maildir with some new messages in it crashes the whole Cairo-Dock. Stderr shows:
>> ...
>> recuperons les comptes ...
>> + on recupere le compte 'Inbox'
>>  mail type : 4
>> cd_mail_init_accounts (1 comptes)
>> mail : 145/2/26
>> getting 26 message body...
>> warning :  (cairo-dock.c:_cairo_dock_intercept_signal:196)
>>  Cairo-Dock has crashed (sig 11).
>> It will be restarted now (cairo-dock -m).
>>
>> My version is cairo-dock-mail-2.1.3-alt1
>>
>> ** Affects: cairo-dock-plug-ins
>>     Importance: Undecided
>>         Status: New
>>
>> --
>> mail plugin crashes on Maildir
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/521531
>> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Cairo-
>> Dock Team, which is the registrant for Cairo-Dock Plug-ins.
>>
>> Status in Cairo-Dock : Plug-ins: New
>>
>> Bug description:
>> Adding a maildir with some new messages in it crashes the whole Cairo-Dock. Stderr shows:
>> ...
>> recuperons les comptes ...
>> + on recupere le compte 'Inbox'
>>  mail type : 4
>> cd_mail_init_accounts (1 comptes)
>> mail : 145/2/26
>> getting 26 message body...
>> warning :  (cairo-dock.c:_cairo_dock_intercept_signal:196)
>>  Cairo-Dock has crashed (sig 11).
>> It will be restarted now (cairo-dock -m).
>>
>> My version is cairo-dock-mail-2.1.3-alt1
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team
>> Post to     : <email address hidden>
>> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team
>> More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>>
>

Ildar (ildar-users) wrote :

I see nothing special. But here it comes!

It was usefull to see where it came from. Looks like there was a
problem getting the list of messages, but the error was not taken into
account. This will fix the crash, but I guess you still won't see the
messages list ?
Please keep me informed if you still have problems with the maildir
account type, as I couldn't test it as much as I wanted on my
computer.

Tofe

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Ildar <email address hidden> wrote:
> I see nothing special. But here it comes!
>
> ** Attachment added: "debug output"
>   http://launchpadlibrarian.net/39186397/cairo-dock.debug.bz2
>
> --
> mail plugin crashes on Maildir
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/521531
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Cairo-
> Dock Team, which is the registrant for Cairo-Dock Plug-ins.
>
> Status in Cairo-Dock : Plug-ins: New
>
> Bug description:
> Adding a maildir with some new messages in it crashes the whole Cairo-Dock. Stderr shows:
> ...
> recuperons les comptes ...
> + on recupere le compte 'Inbox'
>  mail type : 4
> cd_mail_init_accounts (1 comptes)
> mail : 145/2/26
> getting 26 message body...
> warning :  (cairo-dock.c:_cairo_dock_intercept_signal:196)
>  Cairo-Dock has crashed (sig 11).
> It will be restarted now (cairo-dock -m).
>
> My version is cairo-dock-mail-2.1.3-alt1
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team
> Post to     : <email address hidden>
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team
> More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>

Ildar (ildar-users) wrote :

> This will fix the crash

Hello, Tofe. I am sorry, but what is "This" ? Did you attach anything?

Tofe (chris-chapuis) wrote :

I committed the fix on launchpad, so if you're using the weekly ppa of
cairo-dock builds, you should get it in about one week (I don't
remember when it is compiled...)
Note that I don't think it fixes the entire thing, I'll have to digg
further to find the exact cause.

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Ildar <email address hidden> wrote:
>> This will fix the crash
>
> Hello, Tofe. I am sorry, but what is "This" ? Did you attach anything?
>
> --
> mail plugin crashes on Maildir
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/521531
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Cairo-
> Dock Team, which is the registrant for Cairo-Dock Plug-ins.
>
> Status in Cairo-Dock : Plug-ins: New
>
> Bug description:
> Adding a maildir with some new messages in it crashes the whole Cairo-Dock. Stderr shows:
> ...
> recuperons les comptes ...
> + on recupere le compte 'Inbox'
>  mail type : 4
> cd_mail_init_accounts (1 comptes)
> mail : 145/2/26
> getting 26 message body...
> warning :  (cairo-dock.c:_cairo_dock_intercept_signal:196)
>  Cairo-Dock has crashed (sig 11).
> It will be restarted now (cairo-dock -m).
>
> My version is cairo-dock-mail-2.1.3-alt1
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team
> Post to     : <email address hidden>
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team
> More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>

Changed in cairo-dock-plug-ins:
assignee: nobody → Tofe (chris-chapuis)
status: New → Fix Released

Oh, je croyais que c'était automatique, tout ça... Rah, je suis encore un
padawan du bazar !

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 9:21 PM, Matthieu Baerts <email address hidden> wrote:

> ** Changed in: cairo-dock-plug-ins
> Assignee: (unassigned) => Tofe (chris-chapuis)
>
> ** Changed in: cairo-dock-plug-ins
> Status: New => Fix Released
>
> --
> mail plugin crashes on Maildir
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/521531
> You received this bug notification because you are a bug assignee.
>

Matthieu Baerts (matttbe) wrote :

@ Tofe : you can use this command ;) : bzr commit --fixes=lp:999999 -m "My message"
where 999999 is the bug number.

Tofe (chris-chapuis) wrote :

@ mattbe:

C'est ce que j'ai fait !

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 7:25 PM, Matthieu Baerts <email address hidden> wrote:

> @ Tofe : you can use this command ;) : bzr commit --fixes=lp:999999 -m "My
> message"
> where 999999 is the bug number.
>
> --
> mail plugin crashes on Maildir
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/521531
> You received this bug notification because you are a bug assignee.
>

Ildar (ildar-users) wrote :

It still crashes with cairo-dock-mail-2.1.3-7 :

mail : 584/11/2
getting 2 message body...
ERROR : (cd-mail-applet-etpan.c:cd_mail_get_folder_data:105)
  Error while getting list of messages for account Inbox!
warning : (cairo-dock.c:_cairo_dock_intercept_signal:184)

** (process:20121): WARNING (recursed) **: Cairo-Dock has crashed (sig 6).
It will be restarted now (cairo-dock -o -l debug).

Tofe (chris-chapuis) wrote :

Ok, thanks for reporting that, I'll look more carefully into this problem.

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 8:25 AM, Ildar <email address hidden> wrote:

> It still crashes with cairo-dock-mail-2.1.3-7 :
>
> mail : 584/11/2
> getting 2 message body...
> ERROR : (cd-mail-applet-etpan.c:cd_mail_get_folder_data:105)
> Error while getting list of messages for account Inbox!
> warning : (cairo-dock.c:_cairo_dock_intercept_signal:184)
>
> ** (process:20121): WARNING (recursed) **: Cairo-Dock has crashed (sig 6).
> It will be restarted now (cairo-dock -o -l debug).
>
> --
> mail plugin crashes on Maildir
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/521531
> You received this bug notification because you are a bug assignee.
>

Ildar (ildar-users) wrote :

Hi, Tofe!
at last I catched the crash on a single message. Hope this would help to catch the problem.

Tofe (chris-chapuis) wrote :

Ok, I can see the crash is caused by an error while getting the list of
messages. However, this failure shouldn't be fatal to cairo-dock. This is
caused by a "cd_error" statement, where is should have been "cd_warning".
Fortunately, this cd_error has already been replaced by cd_warning on May
5th (so 3 weeks after the version you are using).
I you can afford that, the crash can now be avoided by upgrading to a more
recent version of CD.

Anyway the cd_error here reveals a problem while getting the list of
messages using Maildir. I will try to put the same message in a maildir
directory, and see if I get the same behavior. Maybe it is caused by the use
of cyrillic character, of by some special multipart MIME message, we'll see.

Thanks for your help!
Tofe

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 9:08 AM, Ildar <email address hidden> wrote:

> Hi, Tofe!
> at last I catched the crash on a single message. Hope this would help to
> catch the problem.
>
>
> ** Attachment added: "debug output + some files, that caused crash"
> http://launchpadlibrarian.net/48430254/cairo-dock.debug.tar.bz2
>
> --
> mail plugin crashes on Maildir
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/521531
> You received this bug notification because you are a bug assignee.
>

Changed in cairo-dock-plug-ins:
status: Fix Released → In Progress
Tofe (chris-chapuis) on 2010-05-15
Changed in cairo-dock-plug-ins:
status: In Progress → Fix Committed
Changed in cairo-dock-plug-ins:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
Changed in cairo-dock-plug-ins (Ubuntu):
status: New → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers