xsession-errors log

Bug #500677 reported by Tsu Jan on 2009-12-27
8
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Cairo-Dock Plug-ins
Wishlist
Matthieu Baerts

Bug Description

In fact, this can be seen rather as a suggestion or a question, not a bug report.

Cairo-Dock works fine but it creates a heavy log in ~/.xsession-errors, so that it sometimes makes the debugging of other applications difficult. Is there any way to stop Cairo-Dock from creating unnecessary lines in ~/.xsession-errors?

Related branches

hmm, there is a lot of things there, I don't even know why such things drop
there ??
the warning can't be removed I guess, they are warnings after all ^_^
the other sentences are probably some unecessaey outputs, I try to remove
them when I see them.
thanks for notifying.

2009/12/27 Tsu Jan <email address hidden>

> Public bug reported:
>
> In fact, this can be seen rather as a suggestion or a question, not a
> bug report.
>
> Cairo-Dock works fine but it creates a heavy log in ~/.xsession-errors,
> so that it sometimes makes the debugging of other applications
> difficult. Is there any way to stop Cairo-Dock from creating unnecessary
> lines in ~/.xsession-errors?
>
> ** Affects: cairo-dock-plug-ins
> Importance: Undecided
> Status: New
>
> --
> xsession-errors log
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/500677
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Cairo-
> Dock Team, which is the registrant for Cairo-Dock Plug-ins.
>
> Status in Cairo-Dock : Plug-ins: New
>
> Bug description:
> In fact, this can be seen rather as a suggestion or a question, not a bug
> report.
>
> Cairo-Dock works fine but it creates a heavy log in ~/.xsession-errors, so
> that it sometimes makes the debugging of other applications difficult. Is
> there any way to stop Cairo-Dock from creating unnecessary lines in
> ~/.xsession-errors?
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team<https://launchpad.net/%7Ecairo-dock-team>
> Post to : <email address hidden>
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team<https://launchpad.net/%7Ecairo-dock-team>
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>

Tsu Jan (tsujan2000) wrote :

Replying to myself:

Comment out all "g_print" lines in the source files with "rpl" and make some corrections.

Fabounet (fabounet03) wrote :

about this bug it sould already be better isn't it ?

Tsu Jan (tsujan2000) wrote :

Yes, it is. I just wanted to find the quickest way of preventing Cairo-Dock from putting its messages into ~/.xsession-errors.

Fabounet (fabounet03) wrote :

ok I'll close this bug then, since I've considerably reduced the numbers of messages in the terminal (only warnings remain).

Changed in cairo-dock-plug-ins:
status: New → Fix Committed
Vish (vish) wrote :

I'm using cairo-dock 2.1.4-0beta0
And still the logging is a lot:
Starts with:
 ============================================================================
 Cairo-Dock version: 2.1.4-0beta0
 Compiled date: Mar 24 2010 02:05:38
 Running with OpenGL: 0
 ============================================================================

snippets:

Special case : this appli (79691865) should not be ignored any more!
Special case : this appli (79691865) should not be ignored any more!
Special case : this appli (79691865) should not be ignored any more!

Special case : this appli (58720297) should not be ignored any more!
Special case : this appli (58720297) should not be ignored any more!
match
Special case : this appli (73400323) should not be ignored any more!
Special case : this appli (73400323) should not be ignored any more!
not really outside (421;2)
not really outside (325;14)
not really outside (233;11)
Special case : this appli (54540226) should not be ignored any more!
Special case : this appli (54540226) should not be ignored any more!
[...]
match
match
match
not really outside (232;10)
not really outside (193;1)
not really outside (196;5)
not really outside (236;13)
not really outside (191;14)
on force a quitter (iRefCount:0)
not really outside (243;16)
on force a quitter (iRefCount:0)
not really outside (244;0)
match

[...]
not really outside (0;0)
iNbConfigDialogs <- 1
iNbConfigDialogs <- 0
cairo_dock_show_hide_desktop (1)
bDesktopVisible <- 1
cairo_dock_show_hide_desktop (0)
bDesktopVisible <- 0
[...]
cairo_dock_get_class: assertion `cClass != NULL' failed
cairo_dock_remove_appli_from_class: assertion `pClassAppli!= NULL' failed
cairo_dock_get_class: assertion `cClass != NULL' failed
cairo_dock_remove_appli_from_class: assertion `pClassAppli!= NULL' failed
[...]
on cache ce sous-dock en sortant par lui
on cache ce sous-dock en sortant par lui
on cache ce sous-dock en sortant par lui
on cache ce sous-dock en sortant par lui
 -> action !
iNbConfigDialogs <- 0
fin de boucle bloquante -> 0

Changed in cairo-dock-plug-ins:
status: Fix Committed → Confirmed
Vish (vish) wrote :

Maybe all these can be sent to a separate file ~/.cache/cairo-dock-session-logs?

Errors seem reasonable in the .xsession-errors , but for show/hide desktop,special casing apps,match, and a lot of other common functions seem to log there.

Or are these all errors? If so , why is cairo-dock having so many errors?

Matthieu Baerts (matttbe) wrote :

Should be much better now :)

Changed in cairo-dock-plug-ins:
assignee: nobody → Matthieu Baerts (matttbe)
importance: Undecided → Wishlist
status: Confirmed → Fix Committed
Tsu Jan (tsujan2000) wrote :

Hi,

The changes you've recently made in cairo-dock-animations.c introduces new messages in ~/.xsession-errors, especially "fin d'animation", which appears every time an animation is done -- so many times, indeed.

well, it's a beta version after all ;-)
they will be removed when the code is tested enough, thanks for pointing
this out so that we don't forget ^^

2010/5/22 Tsu Jan <email address hidden>

> Hi,
>
> The changes you've recently made in cairo-dock-animations.c introduces
> new messages in ~/.xsession-errors, especially "fin d'animation", which
> appears every time an animation is done -- so many times, indeed.
>
> --
> xsession-errors log
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/500677
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Cairo-
> Dock Team, which is the registrant for Cairo-Dock Plug-ins.
>
> Status in Cairo-Dock : Plug-ins: Fix Committed
>
> Bug description:
> In fact, this can be seen rather as a suggestion or a question, not a bug
> report.
>
> Cairo-Dock works fine but it creates a heavy log in ~/.xsession-errors, so
> that it sometimes makes the debugging of other applications difficult. Is
> there any way to stop Cairo-Dock from creating unnecessary lines in
> ~/.xsession-errors?
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team<https://launchpad.net/%7Ecairo-dock-team>
> Post to : <email address hidden>
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team<https://launchpad.net/%7Ecairo-dock-team>
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>

Changed in cairo-dock-plug-ins:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers