Add custom launchers or sub-docks, can't modify name.

Bug #612617 reported by Rossi Liu on 2010-08-02
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Cairo-Dock Core
Undecided
Matthieu Baerts

Bug Description

My system is Ubuntu 10.04 64bit and ATI HD4850 display card using official device driver.
when I add custom launcher or sub-dock, even I setting launcher name and run path. The main dock name always show out "New launcher" or "New sub-dock" .
Until I restart cairo-dock, name was correct.

Secondly, If I don't restart cairo-dock, add more launcher or sub-dock, some time new launcher/sud-dock icon will look like flat.

This is my problem here, maybe that can help for some thing.

thank you.

Related branches

Matthieu Baerts (matttbe) wrote :

Hello,

Thank you for this bug report!

Which version of Cairo-Dock do you use?

Maybe a right problem? is it better after launching this command!?
   $ chmod 777 -R ~/.config/cairo-dock/

"some time new launcher/sud-dock icon will look like flat."
does it also happen if you launch the dock without opengl ?
if so, could we have a screenshot of the problem ?

2010/8/2 Matthieu Baerts <email address hidden>

> Hello,
>
> Thank you for this bug report!
>
> Which version of Cairo-Dock do you use?
>
> Maybe a right problem? is it better after launching this command!?
> $ chmod 777 -R ~/.config/cairo-dock/
>
> --
> Add custom launchers or sub-docks, can't modify name.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/612617
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Cairo-
> Dock Team, which is subscribed to Cairo-Dock Core.
>
> Status in Cairo-Dock : Core: New
>
> Bug description:
> My system is Ubuntu 10.04 64bit and ATI HD4850 display card using official
> device driver.
> when I add custom launcher or sub-dock, even I setting launcher name and
> run path. The main dock name always show out "New launcher" or "New
> sub-dock" .
> Until I restart cairo-dock, name was correct.
>
> Secondly, If I don't restart cairo-dock, add more launcher or sub-dock,
> some time new launcher/sud-dock icon will look like flat.
>
> This is my problem here, maybe that can help for some thing.
>
> thank you.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team<https://launchpad.net/%7Ecairo-dock-team>
> Post to : <email address hidden>
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team<https://launchpad.net/%7Ecairo-dock-team>
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>

Fabounet (fabounet03) wrote :

first problem is fixed, thanks for reporting it.
for the second problem, please try without opengl, and if the bug still occurs, open a new bug with a screenshot attached
Thanks.

Changed in cairo-dock-core:
status: New → Fix Committed
Rossi Liu (liueigi) wrote :

sorry I reply slow, I forget say which version of cairo-dock, and I Recent busy work, can't reading e-mail.
I am using test version from

http://ppa.launchpad.net/cairo-dock-team/weekly/ubuntu

second problem if still happen, I will get a screenshot for you.
PS: I am using non-OpenGL mode.

Changed in cairo-dock-core:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
assignee: nobody → Matthieu Baerts (matttbe)
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers