icon label text is truncated

Bug #611738 reported by Bryce Schober on 2010-07-30
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Cairo-Dock Core
Undecided
Fabounet

Bug Description

'm running cairo-dock OpenGL 2.2.0-0beta3 on Ubuntu Lucid Gnome.

If I haven't set Behavior->System->Label Readability->Labels always horizontal to false, the icon labels on my vertical panel get truncated, like in the attached screenshot.

Related branches

Bryce Schober (bryce-schober) wrote :
Matthieu Baerts (matttbe) wrote :

Oh I see...
@ Fab: an idea to fix this bug?

the text is just too big
we can't expand the dock to the entire screen (which would happen with long
names like applications sometimes have) for performance reason
maybe we can expand it a little to cover 90% of the cases

2010/8/8 Matthieu Baerts <email address hidden>

> Oh I see...
> @ Fab: an idea to fix this bug?
>
> --
> icon label text is truncated
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/611738
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Cairo-
> Dock Team, which is subscribed to Cairo-Dock Core.
>
> Status in Cairo-Dock : Core: New
>
> Bug description:
> 'm running cairo-dock OpenGL 2.2.0-0beta3 on Ubuntu Lucid Gnome.
>
> If I haven't set Behavior->System->Label Readability->Labels always
> horizontal to false, the icon labels on my vertical panel get truncated,
> like in the attached screenshot.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team<https://launchpad.net/%7Ecairo-dock-team>
> Post to : <email address hidden>
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team<https://launchpad.net/%7Ecairo-dock-team>
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>

Changed in cairo-dock-core:
status: New → Won't Fix
Bryce Schober (bryce-schober) wrote :

It's strange that you closed wont-fix, because it has actually been fixed in recent builds!

Matthieu Baerts (matttbe) wrote :

Oops, Thank you :)

Changed in cairo-dock-core:
assignee: nobody → Fabounet (fabounet03)
status: Won't Fix → Fix Released

hmm, actually it's not really fixed
just a little improved ^^
the labels in a vertical panel, if dispayed horizontally, will still be cut
if they are too long (I think this was the original problem.)
it's not really a bug but it could be a feature on the wishlist.

2010/10/2 Matthieu Baerts <email address hidden>

> Oops, Thank you :)
>
> ** Changed in: cairo-dock-core
> Status: Won't Fix => Fix Released
>
> ** Changed in: cairo-dock-core
> Assignee: (unassigned) => Fabounet (fabounet03)
>
> --
> icon label text is truncated
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/611738
> You received this bug notification because you are a bug assignee.
>
> Status in Cairo-Dock : Core: Fix Released
>
> Bug description:
> 'm running cairo-dock OpenGL 2.2.0-0beta3 on Ubuntu Lucid Gnome.
>
> If I haven't set Behavior->System->Label Readability->Labels always
> horizontal to false, the icon labels on my vertical panel get truncated,
> like in the attached screenshot.
>
>
>

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Bug attachments