Icons aren't updated properly on configuring

Bug #513212 reported by Igor Korobka on 2010-01-27
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Cairo-Dock Core
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Cairo-Dock version: 2.1.3-0rc3
Compiled date: Jan 27 2010 01:33:18
Running with OpenGL: 1
OpenGL version: 1.4 Mesa 7.6
OpenGL vendor: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
OpenGL renderer: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Q35 GEM 20090712 2009Q2 RC3 x86/MMX/SSE2
Video Driver: xserver-xorg-video-intel2:2.9.0-1ubuntu2.1
I'm using GNOME with Compiz.

I'm facing following issue: when I try to configure icon theme with either simple or advanced settings dialog icons are not updated properly in dock. When I click Apply button first time only applets icons are updated. When I click Apply second time - application icons are updated.

Also there are problem on changing icon sizes: when I changing size to smaller everything fine, but when I changing icon size to larger something is wrong - icons is not displayed properly.

I've attached debug log.

Related branches

Igor Korobka (igokoro) wrote :
Igor Korobka (igokoro) wrote :

Here is video illustrating problem with not updated icons.

Igor Korobka (igokoro) wrote :

Here is video illustrating icon corruption on resizing.

Igor Korobka (igokoro) wrote :
Matthieu Baerts (matttbe) wrote :

Thanks for this report !

It need a refresh but I suppose Fab knows exactly where to place it in the source code :)

Fabounet (fabounet03) wrote :

should be fixed, but I'd appreciate if someone confirms it. :-)

Igor Korobka (igokoro) wrote :

Everything looks fine except one thing: show desktop applet doesn't react on the icon size changes.

Igor Korobka (igokoro) wrote :

Hi,
could you please try with the version 2.2 ?
a weekly package is available on our PPA

2010/7/6 Igor Korobka <email address hidden>

>
> ** Attachment added: "show_desktop_bug.png"
> http://launchpadlibrarian.net/51475777/show_desktop_bug.png
>
> --
> Icons aren't updated properly on configuring
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/513212
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Cairo-
> Dock Team, which is subscribed to Cairo-Dock Core.
>
> Status in Cairo-Dock : Core: New
>
> Bug description:
> Cairo-Dock version: 2.1.3-0rc3
> Compiled date: Jan 27 2010 01:33:18
> Running with OpenGL: 1
> OpenGL version: 1.4 Mesa 7.6
> OpenGL vendor: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
> OpenGL renderer: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Q35 GEM 20090712 2009Q2 RC3 x86/MMX/SSE2
> Video Driver: xserver-xorg-video-intel2:2.9.0-1ubuntu2.1
> I'm using GNOME with Compiz.
>
> I'm facing following issue: when I try to configure icon theme with either
> simple or advanced settings dialog icons are not updated properly in dock.
> When I click Apply button first time only applets icons are updated. When I
> click Apply second time - application icons are updated.
>
> Also there are problem on changing icon sizes: when I changing size to
> smaller everything fine, but when I changing icon size to larger something
> is wrong - icons is not displayed properly.
>
> I've attached debug log.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team<https://launchpad.net/%7Ecairo-dock-team>
> Post to : <email address hidden>
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team<https://launchpad.net/%7Ecairo-dock-team>
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>

Igor Korobka (igokoro) wrote :

Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm an active user of the ppa with betas. Mentioned issue appears in the latest beta of the 2.2.

Fabounet (fabounet03) wrote :

ok good, thanks for the report, I can safely close this bug then :-)
about the show desktop applet, could you check that it doesn't have a fixed
size in its config panel ?
Setting its size to 0x0 will make it use the default size, otherwise it will
use the defined size.

2010/7/7 Igor Korobka <email address hidden>

> Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm an active user of the ppa with betas.
> Mentioned issue appears in the latest beta of the 2.2.
>
> --
> Icons aren't updated properly on configuring
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/513212
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Cairo-
> Dock Team, which is subscribed to Cairo-Dock Core.
>
> Status in Cairo-Dock : Core: New
>
> Bug description:
> Cairo-Dock version: 2.1.3-0rc3
> Compiled date: Jan 27 2010 01:33:18
> Running with OpenGL: 1
> OpenGL version: 1.4 Mesa 7.6
> OpenGL vendor: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
> OpenGL renderer: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Q35 GEM 20090712 2009Q2 RC3 x86/MMX/SSE2
> Video Driver: xserver-xorg-video-intel2:2.9.0-1ubuntu2.1
> I'm using GNOME with Compiz.
>
> I'm facing following issue: when I try to configure icon theme with either
> simple or advanced settings dialog icons are not updated properly in dock.
> When I click Apply button first time only applets icons are updated. When I
> click Apply second time - application icons are updated.
>
> Also there are problem on changing icon sizes: when I changing size to
> smaller everything fine, but when I changing icon size to larger something
> is wrong - icons is not displayed properly.
>
> I've attached debug log.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team<https://launchpad.net/%7Ecairo-dock-team>
> Post to : <email address hidden>
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team<https://launchpad.net/%7Ecairo-dock-team>
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>

Igor Korobka (igokoro) wrote :

You're wright - show desktop applet had 50x50 size. After setting it to 0x0 all works just fine.

Fabounet (fabounet03) on 2010-08-23
Changed in cairo-dock-core:
status: New → Fix Committed
Changed in cairo-dock-core:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers