shortcuts display order gets messed up

Bug #500979 reported by Cuco3 on 2009-12-28
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Cairo-Dock Core
Low
Fabounet

Bug Description

Using cairo-dock 2.1.3-0alpha0 (w/ OpenGL) on Ubuntu 9.04 and using Compiz

Problem: when I use the Shortcuts plug-in more than 3 times, the display order of the Shortcuts icons gets messed up.

Here's a screenshot to show what I mean: http://uppix.net/f/5/5/a8cdbcd8271199b431676fc097b2e.png

Thanks.

Note: just noticed at the end to post bugs in the alpha/beta versions on your forum. Sorry!

Related branches

Cuco3 (wadecounty) wrote :
Matthieu Baerts (matttbe) wrote :

Hello !
Thanks to have reported this bug !

Can you post a screenshot of Shortcuts applet before the bug? Do you have this bug with other sub-dock's views

Cuco3 (wadecounty) wrote :

Hello Matthieu!

Here's how it looks when Cairo-Dock is first loaded: http://uppix.net/4/7/8/ec84831133b88084bc5a4cd94695a.png

The only other dock I'm using that has a sub dock would be Stack, but I'm using "Parabolic" view so the problem won't appear. I'm gonna change the view from "Parabolic" to "Slide" and see if I get the same problem. I'll get back to you soon.

 Hello,
why do you say the order is messed up ? is it because of the gap under the
"Apple" icon ?

2009/12/29 Cuco3 <email address hidden>

> Hello Matthieu!
>
> Here's how it looks when Cairo-Dock is first loaded:
> http://uppix.net/4/7/8/ec84831133b88084bc5a4cd94695a.png
>
> The only other dock I'm using that has a sub dock would be Stack, but
> I'm using "Parabolic" view so the problem won't appear. I'm gonna change
> the view from "Parabolic" to "Slide" and see if I get the same problem.
> I'll get back to you soon.
>
> --
> shortcuts display order gets messed up
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/500979
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Cairo-
> Dock Team, which is subscribed to Cairo-Dock Core.
>
> Status in Cairo-Dock : Core: New
>
> Bug description:
> Using cairo-dock 2.1.3-0alpha0 (w/ OpenGL) on Ubuntu 9.04 and using Compiz
>
> Problem: when I use the Shortcuts plug-in more than 3 times, the display
> order of the Shortcuts icons gets messed up.
>
> Here's a screenshot to show what I mean:
> http://uppix.net/f/5/5/a8cdbcd8271199b431676fc097b2e.png
>
> Thanks.
>
> Note: just noticed at the end to post bugs in the alpha/beta versions on
> your forum. Sorry!
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team<https://launchpad.net/%7Ecairo-dock-team>
> Post to : <email address hidden>
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team<https://launchpad.net/%7Ecairo-dock-team>
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>

Cuco3 (wadecounty) wrote :

Fabounet: yes, pretty much.

It starts out looking like this: http://uppix.net/4/7/8/ec84831133b88084bc5a4cd94695a.png

Then, after using Shortcuts a few times, there appears to be a gap: http://uppix.net/f/5/5/a8cdbcd8271199b431676fc097b2e.png

or this: http://uppix.net/a/8/9/34d258b8eae7d9214b01cb40ceb40.png (<- best case scenario compared to the 2nd screenshot).

Note: I've been using Stack with Slider view and clicking on the stack items like crazy, and the order doesn't change (the gap doesn't appear). Apparently this appears to be related to just Shortcuts.

Changed in cairo-dock-core:
importance: Undecided → Low
Fabounet (fabounet03) on 2010-06-29
Changed in cairo-dock-core:
status: New → Triaged
assignee: nobody → Fabounet (fabounet03)
Fabounet (fabounet03) on 2010-07-15
Changed in cairo-dock-core:
status: Triaged → Fix Committed
Changed in cairo-dock-core:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Bug attachments