repo-push seems to be broken on windows with bzr 2.0.1

Bug #477855 reported by Alexander Röhnsch on 2009-11-07
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Bazaar Repository Push Plugin
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

When trying to use repo-push on a simple branch with one sub branch, it breaks with an error message. Was meant as solution to Question https://answers.launchpad.net/bzr/+question/85614

D:\test>mkdir proj1
D:\test>bzr init proj1
Created a standalone tree (format: 2a)
D:\test>mkdir proj1\Lib
D:\test>bzr init proj1\Lib
Created a standalone tree (format: 2a)
D:\test>bzr branch proj1 joes_p1
Branched 0 revision(s).
D:\test>cd proj1
D:\test\proj1>bzr repo-push ..\joes_p1
Pushing 1 branches from file:///D:/test/proj1/ to file:///D:/test/joes_p1/
c:\programme\bazaar\lib\library.zip\bzrlib\fetch.py:65: UserWarning: pb paramete
r to RepoFetcher.__init__ was deprecated in version 1.14.0.

bzr version output:
Bazaar (bzr) 2.0.1
  Python interpreter: c:\programme\bazaar\python25.dll 2.5.4
  Python standard library: c:\programme\bazaar\lib\library.zip
  Platform: Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP3
  bzrlib: c:\programme\bazaar\lib\library.zip\bzrlib
  Bazaar configuration: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\roeh_al\Anwendungsdaten\b
azaar\2.0
  Bazaar log file: H:\Eigene Dateien\.bzr.log

Copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 Canonical Ltd.
http://bazaar-vcs.org/

bzr comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. bzr is free software, and
you may use, modify and redistribute it under the terms of the GNU
General Public License version 2 or later.

Relevant bzr.log output:
Sa 2009-11-07 22:38:16 +0100
0.109 bzr arguments: [u'init', u'proj1']
0.125 looking for plugins in C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/roeh_al/Anwendungsdaten/bazaar/2.0/plugins
0.125 looking for plugins in C:/programme/bazaar/plugins
0.296 encoding stdout as sys.stdout encoding 'cp850'
0.390 creating repository in file:///D:/test/proj1/.bzr/.
0.421 creating branch <bzrlib.branch.BzrBranchFormat7 object at 0x012D32B0> in file:///D:/test/proj1/.bzr/
0.453 opening working tree 'D:/test/proj1'
0.484 opening working tree 'D:/test/proj1'
0.484 return code 0

Sa 2009-11-07 22:38:29 +0100
0.125 bzr arguments: [u'init', u'proj1\\Lib']
0.141 looking for plugins in C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/roeh_al/Anwendungsdaten/bazaar/2.0/plugins
0.141 looking for plugins in C:/programme/bazaar/plugins
0.297 encoding stdout as sys.stdout encoding 'cp850'
0.407 creating repository in file:///D:/test/proj1/Lib/.bzr/.
0.422 creating branch <bzrlib.branch.BzrBranchFormat7 object at 0x01314290> in file:///D:/test/proj1/Lib/.bzr/
0.453 opening working tree 'D:/test/proj1/Lib'
0.469 opening working tree 'D:/test/proj1/Lib'
0.485 return code 0

Sa 2009-11-07 22:39:42 +0100
0.109 bzr arguments: [u'branch', u'proj1', u'joes_p1']
0.125 looking for plugins in C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/roeh_al/Anwendungsdaten/bazaar/2.0/plugins
0.125 looking for plugins in C:/programme/bazaar/plugins
0.281 encoding stdout as sys.stdout encoding 'cp850'
0.343 opening working tree 'D:/test/proj1'
0.390 opening working tree 'D:/test/proj1'
0.437 creating repository in file:///D:/test/joes_p1/.bzr/.
0.453 Using fetch logic to copy between CHKInventoryRepository('file:///D:/test/proj1/.bzr/repository/')(<RepositoryFormat2a>) and CHKInventoryRepository('file:///D:/test/joes_p1/.bzr/repository/')(<RepositoryFormat2a>)
0.453 creating branch <bzrlib.branch.BzrBranchFormat7 object at 0x00DF71F0> in file:///D:/test/joes_p1/.bzr/
0.484 created new branch BzrBranch7('file:///D:/test/joes_p1/')
0.500 opening working tree 'D:/test/joes_p1'
[ 960] 2009-11-07 22:39:43.155 INFO: Branched 0 revision(s).
0.531 return code 0

Sa 2009-11-07 22:40:02 +0100
0.109 bzr arguments: [u'repo-push', u'..\\joes_p1']
0.125 looking for plugins in C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/roeh_al/Anwendungsdaten/bazaar/2.0/plugins
0.125 looking for plugins in C:/programme/bazaar/plugins
0.297 encoding stdout as sys.stdout encoding 'cp850'
[ 3124] 2009-11-07 22:40:02.890 INFO: Pushing 1 branches from file:///D:/test/proj1/ to file:///D:/test/joes_p1/
0.359 Using fetch logic to copy between CHKInventoryRepository('file:///D:/test/proj1/.bzr/repository/')(<RepositoryFormat2a>) and CHKInventoryRepository('file:///D:/test/joes_p1/.bzr/repository/')(<RepositoryFormat2a>)
0.359 fetch up to rev {None}
0.375 return code 0
[ 5324] 2009-11-07 22:43:09.390 INFO: dirwatcher stopped

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Alexander Röhnsch wrote:
> Public bug reported:
>
> When trying to use repo-push on a simple branch with one sub branch, it
> breaks with an error message. Was meant as solution to Question
> https://answers.launchpad.net/bzr/+question/85614
>
> D:\test>mkdir proj1
> D:\test>bzr init proj1
> Created a standalone tree (format: 2a)
> D:\test>mkdir proj1\Lib
> D:\test>bzr init proj1\Lib
> Created a standalone tree (format: 2a)
> D:\test>bzr branch proj1 joes_p1
> Branched 0 revision(s).
> D:\test>cd proj1
> D:\test\proj1>bzr repo-push ..\joes_p1
> Pushing 1 branches from file:///D:/test/proj1/ to file:///D:/test/joes_p1/
> c:\programme\bazaar\lib\library.zip\bzrlib\fetch.py:65: UserWarning: pb paramete
> r to RepoFetcher.__init__ was deprecated in version 1.14.0.
>

^- That doesn't look to be broken, just has a warning

And it is indicating that repo-fetcher should be updated.

Did it actually fail to push changes, or did it just give the warning?

John
=:->
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (Cygwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iEYEARECAAYFAkr2AmQACgkQJdeBCYSNAAM4VACfdoI0KQEDO01ytJPgL5vgloBO
0HEAnAoEl/0jN3tJEupgRKfi5SJD/jCF
=rvVO
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Download full text (6.0 KiB)

It pushes contents/history of the uppermost main branch only. None of the
nested branches get pushed, though.

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Alexander Röhnsch wrote:
>> Public bug reported:
>>
>> When trying to use repo-push on a simple branch with one sub branch, it
>> breaks with an error message. Was meant as solution to Question
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/bzr/+question/85614
>>
>> D:\test>mkdir proj1
>> D:\test>bzr init proj1
>> Created a standalone tree (format: 2a)
>> D:\test>mkdir proj1\Lib
>> D:\test>bzr init proj1\Lib
>> Created a standalone tree (format: 2a)
>> D:\test>bzr branch proj1 joes_p1
>> Branched 0 revision(s).
>> D:\test>cd proj1
>> D:\test\proj1>bzr repo-push ..\joes_p1
>> Pushing 1 branches from file:///D:/test/proj1/ to
>> file:///D:/test/joes_p1/
>> c:\programme\bazaar\lib\library.zip\bzrlib\fetch.py:65: UserWarning: pb
>> paramete
>> r to RepoFetcher.__init__ was deprecated in version 1.14.0.
>>
>
> ^- That doesn't look to be broken, just has a warning
>
> And it is indicating that repo-fetcher should be updated.
>
> Did it actually fail to push changes, or did it just give the warning?
>
> John
> =:->
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (Cygwin)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
>
> iEYEARECAAYFAkr2AmQACgkQJdeBCYSNAAM4VACfdoI0KQEDO01ytJPgL5vgloBO
> 0HEAnAoEl/0jN3tJEupgRKfi5SJD/jCF
> =rvVO
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
> --
> repo-push seems to be broken on windows with bzr 2.0.1
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/477855
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in Bazaar Repository Push Plugin: New
>
> Bug description:
> When trying to use repo-push on a simple branch with one sub branch, it
> breaks with an error message. Was meant as solution to Question
> https://answers.launchpad.net/bzr/+question/85614
>
> D:\test>mkdir proj1
> D:\test>bzr init proj1
> Created a standalone tree (format: 2a)
> D:\test>mkdir proj1\Lib
> D:\test>bzr init proj1\Lib
> Created a standalone tree (format: 2a)
> D:\test>bzr branch proj1 joes_p1
> Branched 0 revision(s).
> D:\test>cd proj1
> D:\test\proj1>bzr repo-push ..\joes_p1
> Pushing 1 branches from file:///D:/test/proj1/ to file:///D:/test/joes_p1/
> c:\programme\bazaar\lib\library.zip\bzrlib\fetch.py:65: UserWarning: pb
> paramete
> r to RepoFetcher.__init__ was deprecated in version 1.14.0.
>
>
> bzr version output:
> Bazaar (bzr) 2.0.1
> Python interpreter: c:\programme\bazaar\python25.dll 2.5.4
> Python standard library: c:\programme\bazaar\lib\library.zip
> Platform: Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP3
> bzrlib: c:\programme\bazaar\lib\library.zip\bzrlib
> Bazaar configuration: C:\Dokumente und
> Einstellungen\roeh_al\Anwendungsdaten\b
> azaar\2.0
> Bazaar log file: H:\Eigene Dateien\.bzr.log
>
> Copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 Canonical Ltd.
> http://bazaar-vcs.org/
>
> bzr comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. bzr is free software, and
> you may use, modify and redistribute it under the terms of the GNU
> General Public License version 2 or later.
>
>
> Relevant bzr.log output:
> Sa 2009-11-07 22:38:16 +0100
> 0.109 bzr arguments: ...

Read more...

Alexander Röhnsch (roehnsch) wrote :

Just checked again. The destination's root branch repository gets pushed (joes_p1 in upper example). However, it forgot to update that branch on the destination.

I further assumed, all nested branches get pushed as well, even when they haven't been present at the destination before. That certainly did not work. I tried pushing the nested branch into the destination manually once. Then I committed a new revision to the source nested branch (proj1\Lib in the above example). But even then, the repo-push on the root branch does not transmit that new revision to the destination nested branch.

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers