Aiki Framework

run random SQL queries

Reported by Barry Threw on 2010-11-03
10
This bug affects 2 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
aikiframework
Status tracked in Trunk
Trunk
High
Bassel Safadi
openclipart
Wishlist
Bassel Safadi

Bug Description

i'd like to be able to run random sql queries for testing returns somewhere in the aiki interface

bassel, this was supposed to be part of the admin redesign we clearly
discussed before. its not done yet.

jon

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 8:37 PM, Barry Threw <email address hidden> wrote:
> Public bug reported:
>
> i'd like to be able to run random sql queries for testing returns
> somewhere in the aiki interface
>
> ** Affects: aikiframework
>     Importance: Undecided
>         Status: New
>
> --
> run random SQL queries
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/670552
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to
> aikiframework.
>

--
Jon Phillips
http://rejon.org/
http://fabricatorz.com/
http://status.net/
http://rejon.status.net + skype: kidproto
+1.415.830.3884 (sf/global)
+86.187.1003.9974 (china)

rejon (rejon) on 2010-11-09
Changed in aikiframework:
importance: Undecided → Critical
importance: Critical → High
milestone: none → 0.6
rejon (rejon) on 2010-11-09
Changed in openclipart:
milestone: none → 2.8
Changed in aikiframework:
milestone: 0.6 → 0.7
rejon (rejon) wrote :

bassel, can you convert this to a blueprint please.

Changed in aikiframework:
assignee: nobody → Bassel Safadi (bassel)
rejon (rejon) on 2010-11-21
Changed in openclipart:
importance: Undecided → High
assignee: nobody → Bassel Safadi (bassel)
rejon (rejon) wrote :

we get this for free once implemented in aiki.

rejon (rejon) wrote :

we need it, but its a feature request

Changed in openclipart:
milestone: 2.8 → 2.9
importance: High → Wishlist
tags: added: wishlist
rejon (rejon) wrote :

bassel, what would this take? Could put this as an experimental popup console for now to run queries...could just use php to do this for now and then print out output. main thing is to get a way to be able to do queries in the console for sysgods only...esp. when not all features in admin panel aren't connected.

Bassel Safadi (bassel) wrote :

added in revision 667

what does it look like? can you post a screenshot, how does it work?

Jon

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 11:32 AM, Bassel Safadi <email address hidden> wrote:
> added in revision 667
>
> ** Changed in: aikiframework/trunk
>       Status: Triaged => Fix Released
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to
> aikiframework.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/670552
>
> Title:
>  run random SQL queries
>

--
Jon Phillips
http://rejon.org/
http://fabricatorz.com/
chat/skype: kidproto | irc: rejon
+1.415.830.3884 (sf/global)
+86.187.1003.9974 (china)
+852.9647,9389 (hongkong)
+65.8330.5807 (singapore)

Bassel Safadi (bassel) wrote :

Sure here is a screenshot of how it looks, basically it's a text field where you can type sql commands and run them then get the results in the top bar

rejon (rejon) wrote :

rock

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Bassel Safadi <email address hidden> wrote:
> Sure here is a screenshot of how it looks, basically it's a text field
> where you can type sql commands and run them then get the results in the
> top bar
>
> ** Attachment added: "Screenshot-1.png"
>   https://bugs.launchpad.net/aikiframework/+bug/670552/+attachment/1800457/+files/Screenshot-1.png
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to
> aikiframework.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/670552
>
> Title:
>  run random SQL queries
>

--
Jon Phillips
http://rejon.org/
http://fabricatorz.com/
chat/skype: kidproto | irc: rejon
+1.415.830.3884 (sf/global)
+86.187.1003.9974 (china)
+852.9647,9389 (hongkong)
+65.8330.5807 (singapore)

chovynz (chovynz) wrote :

I presume this is a tool availble to only logged in SystemGODs?
Does it keep the results when you move to a different widget?

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 1:33 AM, rejon <email address hidden> wrote:

> rock
>
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Bassel Safadi <email address hidden> wrote:
> > Sure here is a screenshot of how it looks, basically it's a text field
> > where you can type sql commands and run them then get the results in the
> > top bar
> >
> > ** Attachment added: "Screenshot-1.png"
> >
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/aikiframework/+bug/670552/+attachment/1800457/+files/Screenshot-1.png
> >
> > --
> > You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to
> > aikiframework.
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/670552
> >
> > Title:
> > run random SQL queries
> >
>
>
> --
> Jon Phillips
> http://rejon.org/
> http://fabricatorz.com/
> chat/skype: kidproto | irc: rejon
> +1.415.830.3884 (sf/global)
> +86.187.1003.9974 (china)
> +852.9647,9389 (hongkong)
> +65.8330.5807 (singapore)
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of
> openclipart.devel, which is subscribed to openclipart.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/670552
>
> Title:
> run random SQL queries
>

--
Cheers
Chovynz

chovynz (chovynz) wrote :

Also, does it only display or can you do any sql including update and other
things?

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 8:13 AM, chovynz <email address hidden> wrote:

> I presume this is a tool availble to only logged in SystemGODs?
> Does it keep the results when you move to a different widget?
>
>
> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 1:33 AM, rejon <email address hidden> wrote:
>
>> rock
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Bassel Safadi <email address hidden> wrote:
>> > Sure here is a screenshot of how it looks, basically it's a text field
>> > where you can type sql commands and run them then get the results in the
>> > top bar
>> >
>> > ** Attachment added: "Screenshot-1.png"
>> >
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/aikiframework/+bug/670552/+attachment/1800457/+files/Screenshot-1.png
>> >
>> > --
>> > You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to
>> > aikiframework.
>> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/670552
>> >
>> > Title:
>> > run random SQL queries
>> >
>>
>>
>> --
>> Jon Phillips
>> http://rejon.org/
>> http://fabricatorz.com/
>> chat/skype: kidproto | irc: rejon
>> +1.415.830.3884 (sf/global)
>> +86.187.1003.9974 (china)
>> +852.9647,9389 (hongkong)
>> +65.8330.5807 (singapore)
>>
>> --
>> You received this bug notification because you are a member of
>> openclipart.devel, which is subscribed to openclipart.
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/670552
>>
>> Title:
>> run random SQL queries
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Cheers
> Chovynz
>

--
Cheers
Chovynz

Bassel Safadi (bassel) wrote :

right chovynz this tool is only available to logged SystemGODs and it keeps the history of results when you move to different widgets and it can include update, insert and any type of sql

rejon (rejon) wrote :

did you update ocal to this?

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 7:01 AM, Bassel Safadi <email address hidden> wrote:
> right chovynz this tool is only available to logged SystemGODs and it
> keeps the history of results when you move to different widgets and it
> can include update, insert and any type of sql
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to
> aikiframework.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/670552
>
> Title:
>  run random SQL queries
>

--
Jon Phillips
http://rejon.org/
http://fabricatorz.com/
chat/skype: kidproto | irc: rejon
+1.415.830.3884 (sf/global)
+4915155318427 (berlin)
+86.187.1003.9974 (china)
+852.9647,9389 (hongkong)
+65.8330.5807 (singapore)

rejon (rejon) wrote :

if aiki updated, then we get this for free with new admin widgets.

Bassel Safadi (bassel) wrote :

added to OCAL. in the header there is now SQL command field.
please be aware when using this. it has direct access to the database and support update and delete. actions made there can't be undone

Changed in openclipart:
status: New → Fix Released
rejon (rejon) wrote :

Did u fork local or update to latest?

<email address hidden>
http://fabricatorz.com
On Feb 14, 2011 10:05 PM, "Bassel Safadi" <email address hidden> wrote:
> added to OCAL. in the header there is now SQL command field.
> please be aware when using this. it has direct access to the database and
support update and delete. actions made there can't be undone
>
> ** Changed in: openclipart
> Status: New => Fix Released
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to
> aikiframework.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/670552
>
> Title:
> run random SQL queries

Bassel Safadi (bassel) wrote :

of course update to latest ;-)

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers